High School Students
LET'S GET READY TO FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Students begin the Let’s Get Ready program when they enroll in our College Access Program. This program offers participants SAT preparation and assistance with all aspects of the college admissions process. Each program serves 40-60 high school students and is led by two college student Site Directors who manage 15-20 volunteer college Coaches. Coaches are college student volunteers who receive extensive training, and since they have recently taken the SAT and scored well are uniquely equipped to tutor and mentor our high school students. By harnessing the passion of volunteer college students who are eager to share their college experiences, Let's Get Ready provides its students with concrete skills and knowledge as well as the inspiration and encouragement they need to succeed.
Programs are offered during the fall, spring and summer and are built upon close partnerships with colleges, high schools and community organizations. Each 9-week program includes:
- Two 3-hour classes per week
- Small classes based on ability level of approximately 5 students per Coach
- 30 hours of intensive SAT preparation
- 2 diagnostic SAT exams
- 15 hours of assistance with college selection, applications and financial aid/scholarships including special sessions with college admissions and financial aid officers
- College visits
- Intensive mentoring support in and out of the classroom
Summer 2016 program are now under way! Click here to receive more information on fall programs as soon as it is available.